September 23rd 2008
t’s really incredible how blogging has gone from nowhere to everywhere in a blink of the cultural/historical eye. How pervasive have blogs become? This pervasive:
- comScore MediaMetrix (August 2008)
- Blogs: 77.7 million unique visitors in the US
- Facebook: 41.0 million | MySpace 75.1 million
- Total internet audience 188.9 million
- eMarketer (May 2008)
- 94.1 million US blog readers in 2007 (50% of Internet users)
- 22.6 million US bloggers in 2007 (12%)
- Universal McCann (March 2008)
- 184 million worldwide have started a blog | 26.4 million in the US
- 346 million worldwide read blogs | 60.3 million in the US
- 77% of active Internet users read blogs
The data is from Technorati’s State of the Blogs Report/2008, which began being published today. Technorati will publish four additional segments over the next four days. It’s interesting stuff, so give it a read.
Posted in Blogosphere | No Comments yet » | |
Leave a Reply
[The "Comment Box" is WYSIWYG except that you have to double space between paragraphs!
Type it the way you want it to look -- Just remember to double up those line spaces.]
You must be logged in to post a comment.